Tuesday 9 March 2010

Where the dust settles...

It has been a rollercoaster of  press conferences and interviews played out against a snowy sun-drenched urban landscape since the last proper post on Friday.  

They say that one is more likely to complain then praise & explain, and this can be quite true when applied to the day-to-day life of a nostalgic passive-aggresive person like myself.

In my case, after 3 weeks of moaning about my hotel accommodation and uninvited feral friends, I didn’t mention that I got put in a great hotel suite recently now did I.

Why didn’t I mention this? Well because  fortunate occurrences are usually not as comically inclined as the unfortunate episodes. 

When  things go bad, one needs humour to cope. When things are good, one is satisfied without needing to laugh internally or make others giggle at our unfortunate plight.

Of course, one must ask the question: Why were you moved to a luxury  suite with a major city landmark punctuating the skyline out of your window..

Well let me tell you about the shit hole THEY put my jet-lagged self in prior to being relocated to the suite.

One Flew Over the Dusty Nest
This “hotel” was very strange indeed:  think I-have-just-robbed-a-granny style furniture, stale cereal at breakfast, dusty rooms with faded faux luxury....

The only time I like dust is when Rick Owens  refers to  his particular shade of slate grey - as see pictured above.

Anyway, back to the SHIT HOLE: Think valium-taking owners who make you feel like you have to tiptoe to the kitchen. Think four out of the six other “hotel” guests as not tourists, but weird locals who are out of work or in between lives, and can't even respond to your hello.  Oh, and did I mention that I had to share a TOILET AND BATHROOM with these strangers.

Basically, not a place to put a fucking business traveller right?   Apparently the office junior, a Generation Y protegee, along with supervisor,  thought this would be an appropriate place. I mean seriously, what the fuck is wrong with these people. There is trying to save money and be all modest, or at least impose it on other people, but one must at least accord these unfortunate pawns with the same standards that you have access to yourself i.e you own private bathroom and toilet, skank.

1 comment:

  1. It may be the colour of pigeon but it is a bloody lovely dress! L

    ReplyDelete

London Girl also wrote about....

Related Posts with Thumbnails