Friday 19 February 2010

Den Hague Red Light District


Now the term Window Shopping has a different connotation in Amsterdam, as you all very well know.  You can actually rent living beings here, who sit at red-light infused windows enticing.  The “best girls” get the prime time slot of between 12-2am, particularly on the weekends.

The others usually get the other slots. I know this because I used to live in Holland many years ago and people who know about these things told me about it.

Most of the girls are trafficked from Eastern Europe (particularly from Moldova), and forced into  sex work through blackmail, violence and enforced drug addiction. I reckon that only about 20% of the sex workers in the Netherlands are Happy Hookers (i.e willing), and there are countless of reports out there to back this. The whole industry is based on human trafficking and it makes me very sad.

Anyway, on my way to work every morning, I walk through a posh shopping district and snapped some of these shop window displays, which I saturated in red light to give you the illusion of a red-light district.

Look its Chanel - red-light style, very edgy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Girl also wrote about....

Related Posts with Thumbnails