Tuesday 10 August 2010

Brick Lane Stinks of Vintage

Brick Lane is one of the trendiest parts of London, celebrated for its eclectic inhabitants - ranging from the part-time mujaheddin to full time granny-chic fashionista, not to mention Jack the Ripper. Where else in London could you grab a smoked salmon and cheese bagel, an 80's shell suit and some Rick Owens shoes, not to mention Indian cuisine from all over the continent.

Overstyled StreetStyle is a state of play in these part of the woods. In fact, the area now has its own look: retro cool if you get it right, and granny-chic-hell if you get it wrong. The blokes are better dressed then the birds here I reckon.

People come to Bricklane to grab some vintage stuff, my dad is there at the moment looking for a "Gandhi-style shirt" I wonder if he was talking about a Mao Collar.

When I lived there 6 years ago, I loved popping into Beyond Retro and checking out their amazing Kimono collection and 50's dresses. These days, I prefer the glunge look and that is why I really love this snooty designer shop... 127 Bricklane.

They hold a wonderful handpicked capsule collection which includes  Maison Martin Margiela and of course, RICK OWENS.


2 comments:

  1. I was in rhe vintage warehouse bit the other day and saw the most amazing cruella de ville style fur coat among other exciting bits and pieces- I always fear anti-fur egg shaped attacks tho! L. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love vintage...

    check out my profile on http://heartmeetssleeve.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

London Girl also wrote about....

Related Posts with Thumbnails