Tuesday 4 May 2010

Beauty Product of the Week: Tom Ford Private Blend

Because a perfume is a beauty product after all. Your scent can make or break you, be it in business or in the bedroom. 
So, in my eternal pursuit to find my perfect scent, I have turned my attentions and adoration to 4ml's worth of Tom Ford's Private Blend Neroli Portofino, for men and women.

Neroli Portofino is one of 12 fragrances in Tom Ford’s luxurious Private Blend collection. 

‘Private Blend is my perfume lab; it’s a place where I can create unusual, unique fragrances, freed from the usual conventions of perfumery,’ says the man who shaved the G into Gucci (Ford shaved a tidy G into a model's lady garden for an ad campaign, under Roitfeld and Testino's watchful eye  a few years ago.)

 Tom Ford, a gorgeous man indeed, knows that Sex Sells. I mean check out the ad below.... full on, non?
  
First alerted to  this blend's existence by the scent emissary from the Roja Dove’s Haute Parfumerie, located on the 5th Floor at Harrods because I  told her that I loved the scent of Neroli......  I spent a few days thinking about this scent .... but at over £100, this chess-piece inspired golden labelled bottle is not the kind of thing you just indulge in without knowing if its for you.

So I bought a 4ml sample from ebay last week .. sad I know, but I was desperate to smell it again, and see how this Italian Riviera bottled honeymoon  would fit into my life before forking out the equivalent of a Eurostar ticket to Paris.

HONEYMOON SCENT OR IN IT FOR THE LONG-HAUL, DAHLING?
The fresh citrus oil and floral notes with amber undertones make me feel fresh, clean and alert.... like a well dressed Italian man, which is a new sensation for me.

My boyfriend loves it, but my gay hairdresser thinks its too citrusy, so hard to tell. No one has swooned yet and gone to me: "You smell really nice" though, and only a signature scent would spear that kind of reaction on.... so I need to give it 4ml of time to do its job.

The official perfume spiel goes something like:
A luminous opening composed of an assemblage of citrus oils. The floral heart of neroli blossom evolves towards an ambry dry-down for a cologne at once energizing, lively and assertive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Girl also wrote about....

Related Posts with Thumbnails