Now we all knew that UK festivals are full on/have the best line up and my stint at GLADE Festival this year totally confirmed that - I MEAN IT WAS LIKE A MINI- APOCALYPSE, with the whole thing borrowing from Mad Max and burning man and the revellers partying like it was 1999 in the wind and rain.
So I was interested to come accross this soon to be published report on the behaviour of revellers during major UK festivals. It is based on a series of in-depth interviews with G4S Events’ security and stewarding staff about incidents they have witnessed over the last year at some of the country’s largest events.
It includes the following:
- One of the favourite tricks of revellers is the attempt to smuggle absinthe in a bottle of mouthwash.
- At a series of festivals this summer revellers have thought it humorous to set their friends crowd surfing and then pull off their clothes, leaving them nude in front of some of the world’s biggest music stages and television cameras.
- Top excuses used by the public to try and sneak into events include ‘I'm Jordan’s other sister’, fake sheikhs and the Queen’s fourth son.
- In another case a visitor to a major summer music festival was caught with a pair of stiletto heels sharpened into knife blades.
- At one festival a number of music lovers tried to tunnel under a fence at a point revellers inside the venue were using as an alfresco toilet.